On March 19th, 2017 in the afternoon hours the Westwood Fire Company was dispatched to the unit block of Saint George Street in the Quiet Village section of Valley Township for an electrical fire inside. A call to 911 reported an electrical arc coming from an outlet in the front living room.
Upon arrival of firefighters, no smoke or fire conditions were evident. Once interior the occupant demonstrated an arcing of an outlet once the vacuum cleaner was running. It was determined to not use the outlet or the vacuum cleaner and to call an electrician for repair. The company returned to service within 20 minutes of being dispatched.