On January 28th, 2019 at 1726 hours the Westwood Fire Company was dispatched to the 200 block of Country Club Road in Valley Township for a gas leak outside. Rescue 44 with 5, Traffic 44 and Deputy 44 all made the response within minutes of being dispatched.
Units arrived in the area and did not locate a gas leak outside as reported. There was an odor in the area that was believed to be sewage in nature and did not seem to resemble a natural gas smell. Firefighters checked the area for several minutes before being released by Deputy Chief Scott.